Monday, October 1, 2012

Blogtoberfest Day #1: Last Garage Sale of the Season

Well, Blogtoberfest is here again and I am using this opportunity to get back in the blog saddle. I was fairly successful posting somewhat regularly last year and hope to do the same this year. To my loyal followers, I will keep my apologies simple and just say that my general health was rather rough last Winter and Spring. As time past, it didn't get easier to re-start blogging, but here goes.
A couple of weeks ago, I went to what may very well have been the last garage sale of the season. It is my favourite community sale that has turned up some fabulous treasures for me in past years. This time I was able purchase a new old rug for the living room along with these treasures. I make no apologies for my love of pretty tins and these ones are especially lovely. The wire caddy for glasses has a shabby chic touch, popular among reproduction items, but the previous owner did buy it at an antique market.
While I do not really require more haberdashery or china, I found the trim and the mug were too irresistible. The metal napkin holder was free and although I use my stacks of cloth napkins, I do occasionally use paper for parties.
Another view of the tins along with a little more detail of a new-to-me vintage bed tray. This one is for my husband to use while I enjoy this one. I am very excited to be participating in this festival hosted by Kat @ I Saw You Dancing.

4 comments:

Sea Star said...

Great little finds and a lovely blog!

sally rose said...

Beautiful treasures you found. I am also addicted to pretty tins. I think we will have a few more sales before they shut down for the season, perhaps I will find a few more for my collection. Thanks for sharing!

The Creative Beast said...

Peeking in as a Blogtoberfest participant. I love the name of your blog and I can see it doesn't disappoint this vintage goods lover! OH! I love, love, LOVE the tins you found, they are very pretty. I've been collecting as many pretty vintage tins as I can find for storing my art supplies so I always like to see others who collect too. I'll be peeking in again during the month - Happy Blogtoberfest! =-)

Carolyn said...

Just a random pop-in from another Blogtoberite. Lovely finds!